Thursday, January 11, 2024

The Pelagius Effect - Prologue

 "You... you finally awake"
I know, the familiar sound. I might be too tired, overindulging on videogames, or that i'm dreaming.

Except it is the voice of a girl. Sounds a lot like my sister, even.

Wait, my sister?

How could she said that?

Her tone is so sweet compared to the usual cold tone she had.

But it is indeed her voice. 

But this is so real, lucid...

As it's sweeter, unusually, given that my sister seems to "hate" me as far as i remember. 

Then the voice suddenly switches into of a man.

I can still, make up things given i can't see anything yet.

"Let's see... Are you a boy... or a girl?"

I mean, seriously, i am a <insert here>*

*in this canon it's a boy.

"A boy! A boy, we've got a son here, Esri!"

"Esri, now, you're a mother."

I hear what i assume to be my father. Did i am reborn?

Reborn?

Rebirth?

Wait....

"There will be a bright times forward, my son. I'm sure of it."

At this point i felt strange. Like i'm diving but i didn't feel like my nose or throat is wet or something.

And then in a lucid unconsciousness, the voice shifts to the somebody-who-sounds-like-my-sister yet again.

"I heard your voice. You were suffering..."

"You... will be reborn."

"In Mobius."

As i awaken i see what appears to be a twintail-sporting angelic figure, pale as a statue, with unusually amethyst-colored eyes, but with a familiar face and tone of my sister.



"Just forget everything that's bad in your mind. What's past is past. I... we... will make your dreams come true!"

"Come on!"

I then reach her hand, grabbing it...

Please, forgive your foolish brother, dear sister...

I suddenly lost consciousness, and...


I am awake in a bedroom, with what appears to be medical equipment besides me. There's nothing to be pierced on me though.

And i felt light.

Like a very well built 13 year old kid.


I quickly take a good look on myself at a mirror.

Then i hear a baby crying in the next room...

I proceed to get close to the source of sound...

As i open the door...

I see a couple and a baby, assumed to be a new born. I understand their language as good as my native language. In fact they spoke with my native language!


Man: A boy... another boy! He'll be our Lugh Tuatha De.


Woman: Tuatha De? Please... 13 years ago, i had an unresponsive but healthy child we decided to keep, and now, another one, a healthy child, soon to become an assassin like his dad?

I then walked to the source of the man's voice... it's a couple...


And a cute little baby that will become my little brother. Hi there sweet...

Man: You... my first son... John Archer... has awakened...

Man: How's it feeling, son? Healthy yet?

Man: Daddy, as a doctor, will need to check on you further.

Woman: Hi... John, i am your mother. You must be really surprised on how you awake.

Sure, i can, somehow, understand everyone and everything, but play it slow. Play it slow. Just keep my mouth shut until the time is right...



No comments:

Post a Comment