Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Plan B (Rogue Route) Ending (Non-Canon)

(Note: This is an alternate "non-canon" route B ending, where what if John, his siblings, his own friends, and his wife gone rogue, dissociate themselves with the Tuatha De nobility, and seek to rebuild the society by destroying the nobility and establishing a "Templar Order"* where peace, love, and understanding between humankind is above all else)

*Templar Order largely in name only due to the nature of new world.

It worked.

We built an armada.

We raided the Alvarn nobilities, making the ocean basically a Bermuda Triangle where the landmass Alvarn on were isolated.

And now...

We launched a surprise attack.

I didn't want to, but i didn't even look when i pull the trigger toward Esri, Tart, and the "big daddy" himself.

Shining lights, even in death.

But this is different... they ordered a hasty betrayal.

And i give them the taste of betrayal.

Then there's the Assassin himself.

Lugh: ...You! John!

Like a gunslinger, i drew my first shot as he became surprised, outmatching Lugh's. That this also could be my final shot towards assassination...

A void of blue sea hue surround us as i approach Lugh, who barely survived despite how the armor-piercing bullet ruptured his innards.

Lugh: Uugh... <cough>...<cough> I think not just me... but our family... taught us well...

John: This is just luck...

Lugh: No... This isn't luck. This is you fighting with all your soul...

Lugh: And how do you do that, dear brother? Though we're not bound by the same womb,  you have the blood of the Tuatha De running on you since you got the eye...

Lugh: Yet you broke them all. Mom. Dad. Tarte. And even Matcha... Sending them into Oblivion by yourself... To whom you side with?

John: I side with myself. There is nothing justifying killing your own dear teacher. Even nothing justifying HOW SHE IS JUST A CHILD AND SHE TAUGHT YOU WELL WITHOUT COERCION, FORCE, OR ABUSE?!

Lugh: You... you... Dia was never meant to be killed... And your shortsightness ruins it all. Ruins the plan...

John: I made my own plan now. Without this kind of dog-eat-dog society, there will be no demons. And no "hero" that will destroy the world. I... we... will build our own new society. One without assassins. One without nobility. One that is guided by Understanding of fellow humankind.

Lugh: (laughing) i hope the world you'll shape is a good one...

Lugh: But thanks for granting me a proper death, one that i was denied back in my old life.

Lugh laughed, not in a sinister way but in a childish way, as his breath exhausted, one by one, and finally, he's not moving anymore.

As he become a meat puppet i closed both of his eyes, and paid my final respect.

John: Requiescat in pace, mi frater.

As i loot his body, i found a notebook signifying the current position of Dia.

Dia might not accept this, but i know my sister can fully erase memories. Then off we go. We'll got another sister.



Several chaos later...

I watched from the highest tower in the town about how Alvarn is bathed in flames and explosion.

John: Templar is in the house, baby! Yeah!

And that's it. The Alvarn Empire is no more. So does Milleu and the surrounding areas. The corrupt old nobility has fall. Make room for Templar Order and those under the supervision. 

Soon, the humanity of new world will be rebuild. Of those with the teachings of peace, love, and understanding with each other.

Everyone will be workers and servants and yet everyone will also be leaders and masters, 

Thus, everyone will be equal.

I'm John Archer.

And soon, i will be a father.

Through great sacrifices i... we... have achieved.

A new dawning age for the empire we will build from the ground up...


[9 Months Later.]

John: It's a girl...

John: I don't have much for a name, but i can see the soul of her mother in her... i shall name her Bell Archer the Second, and call her Little Bell for the rest of her childhood...

John: She will be serving House Archer for time to come.

John: My love to you will be unceasing.

Bell: Love you too... unceasingly.


[8 Years Later.]

John: Bell... you look as beautiful as the day i met you.

Bell: You too... you didn't seem to age at all after all these years...

Bell: In fact... you look better by the age...

Little Bell: Dad! Mom!

John: Let's have a drink together, shall we?

Bell: Mojito will be nice for such a warm day.

Little Bell gestures in agreement as the three of us walk into the reception, where not only we're reunited, but we live together.

I can see Dia, a surrogate older sister for Little Bel, and my sister.

Joanna's measure succeed to erase her memories and all knowledge of the now not even history Tuatha De Nobility.

In fact there is no more nobility.

Only Order.

John: Heard you'll be singing for the ball... So, you already rehearsed? If you're crying...

I hugged Dia...

John: Please. Calm down. I cried when i sang that song. But that song is important.

John: It's about the treasure we cherish. It's about family.

Dia: Okay brother, i'll sing for you... no... for all.

Then we made our ovations and Dia sang the song.

It's called "The Parting Glass". I memorized the lyrics from the old world.

Of all the gold that ever I had
I have spent it in good company
Oh and all the harm I've ever done
Alas, it was to none but me
And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all
So fill to me the parting glass
And drink a health whatever befalls
Then gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be with you all
Of all the brothers that ever I had
They're sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that ever I loved
They would wish me one more day to stay
But since it fell into my lot
That I should rise and you...
I'll gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be with you all
So fill to me the parting glass
And drink a health whate'er befalls
Then gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be with you all
But since it fell into my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be with you all
Good night and joy be with you all

...that...

Makes me broke down crying.

Sure that many people's memories were erased courtesy of Joanna...

But i personally ask her...

No....

Let some small part of my brain held the treasured moments between me and Lugh.

How that without him i wouldn't have a beautiful wife...

A surrogate family... which include Matcha, that makes me reunited with my old world sister in technicality...

And a really caring, dependable sister. One who sees her brother as the true hero at heart he is.

As i excuse the others to see the night...

Suddenly...

Little Bell: Daddy... daddy... why are you crying...?

John: It's okay my daughter, it's just the drink... i have to sample a certain Milleu brew for the sake of a trade...

Bell then moved to me and made her chest a pillow to me while standing.

Bell: But i know why...

John: There are a certain part of memory that seems painful to remember, but at the same time, it's pleasant... besides... without that guy...

Bell: We wouldn't form a lifetime contract, right?

Bell: Don't worry, Shannon will took care of things... you... we... let's go to sleep, shall we? The moon's in full and....

Bell: (chuckles) What? Getting heated up again as usual?

John: Kind of, but let's just sleep. Besides my... our heat will shield our daughter from the coldness of night...

The three then goes to sleep together, facing an uncertain, yet brighter tomorrow...

As my consciousness for the day faded, i remembered the oath we took at that very night...

"Uphold our principles and everything we stand in belief for."
"Never share our secrets and give away the the true nature of ours unless to those intended to be initiated or to be killed."
"Do so until the end of our lives, no matter what the cost."

Since that night, i believe in that oath.

I am John Archer - Templar Lord of the New Templar Empire, where Alvarn once stood and burned.

Though i grew old, i still have the shell of a strapping young man. But not just i. We... grew wiser as well. A large revolutionary strife has ended...  But perhaps another will begin in the coming days...

As this world isn't just Alvarn and its surroundings, but also many, many uncharted territories, which i send a lot of people off to scout and scour...

May the Father of Understanding guides us all...

PLAN B - END.

{{Author's Note: Things that might be perceived as plagiarism is merely a direct reference. After all this is a cross-over fanfiction.}}


AFTER CREDITS SCENE (in perspective of the Goddess):

"Hmmm.... John Archer, isn't it?"

"It wasn't his actual name. I didn't even pick him the name."

"But if it's his name, that's his name."

"As i observe, he has the quirks."

"Quirks that i can't even predict despite my grants toward him."

"Rather than confronting the hero and the demon directly, he decided to reform the society so that the demons and hero will not appear..."

"Most of my subjects... like... 400 of them... just gave up."

"They either slack off or failed..."

"The several latest ones show promise. Perhaps i granted them too much."

"And... i see a familiar face that become John's soulmate..."

"Her body doesn't look like it but through her face i can sense it..."

"Is it her?"

"Many ages ago, i was trapped in a loop engineered by divine beings like me, but with a sinister purpose."

"That loop took form of a quaint Japanese village in the old-world year 1983 where terrible oddities happening. From death to madness. It's all vague like a nightmare, but also a sweet dream, as i befriend many nice people at the moment."

"John's soulmate is the one that accompanied me while i was alone, under the guise of a horned girl. We have long histories toward each other."

"As i sat upon this lone crystal throne i am bound for to ensure the safety of myself and to ensure that divine powers are not leaking to the human world... 

"...i always reminisce the times... Hanyuu, when will i can reunite with you again?"


No comments:

Post a Comment