Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Night Talk 9 - Lugh

 Drinking several cups of coffee i myself prepared, i can't made myself sleep.

True that i cause an "accident" that sink a whole mansion, but seeing how those involved with the lavish party ruins an entire town with drugs, i can't feel any guilt.

Besides with all that magic, how my ability revolves around, and there are lots of unpleasant people in those places, it's just i treat this new world as a videogame world where the protagonist works to cleanse the world of evil.

Got to talk to Lugh about the assignment. His guilt is my primary source of concern now.

I see that he can't sleep either despite some reassurement by Tart (who is now asleep)

John: Something on your mind?

Lugh: I mean... well, Venkar saved a noblewoman from poverty, and that noblewoman really lost it after i...

Lugh: Killed him. And you brought down an entire mansion in an engineered "natural" disaster, putting your body count in...

John: Related or not, Venkar ruined a whole town with drugs... and...

John: By ruining the lives of an entire town, it's a just payment for them.

John: Come on, calm down. You did your best. You did better than me in...

Lugh: Yeah but that's a...

John: Videogame? With all these magic and my abilities we might as well be living in a videogame. So please calm down. Enjoy life.

Lugh: Yeah... i mean... it's nice to have a friend like you. Back in my old life i throw away associates just to erase my trace. Since i was reborn, i can build attachments toward fellow humans so easily that i can suppress my emotions no longer.

Lugh: Even then... Well, i accept your quirks.

John: Excuse me?

Lugh: Your quirk for being a grown-up, a husband, and be able to act childish and catlike seemingly at whim. Yet you still have that treasure of kindness inside your heart.

Lugh: You're definitely older than me, but you're better at managing your emotions than i did.

John: Thanks. In this new world i also have more people appreciate me for what i am.

Lugh: Yeah... anything else to say before we should sleep for the next day?

John: Nothing. You said it.

Lugh: Thanks for lifting me off the weight. Tart as well. But then again she's like you, and she did it all and base her personality from you. She understood that you have a loved one, which is why she backed off peacefully and make herself scarce from you.

Lugh: Let's go to sleep, right?

Both made themselves scarce and returning to their respective bedrooms, where for Lugh, Tart awaits, and for John, Bell awaits.

Of course, Bell wasn't, and never aware of what both of us did. She's helping with the home and the orphanage while both of us and Tarte were doing the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment